Peace Week of Pennsic

I arrived on Friday evening of land grab. It was nice that the land agents had a separate line, but it was unfortunate that those with families couldn’t have their families check in early there as well. Our land grab negotiations were completed in record time. We were done by 7:30pm on Friday! I set up the frame for my tent, put on the canvas, then raised it up so I could put the side poles in. I was very proud of myself (and how far my back had come since last year) because I was able to lift it by myself! It hurt and it was it was a bit of a strain, but I could do it! Then I realized that I messed up something in putting together my tent frame, so I had to do it all over again. I swore and took apart everything. This time, I couldn’t lift it up to put in the side poles, so I had to have some help (thanks Olaf and Arinbjorn). I emptied my car into the tent and went to sleep.

Over the next few days, I finished all of the little things that needed to be done around my camp, like digging drainage around my tent. I also completed a number of errands such as food shopping. I visited the few friends that I knew were here already and I did some shopping at the vendors that were open. I took a class on tinsmithing and made a hurricane lantern. I also went out partying one night, but it really isn’t my thing much anymore.

Then I discovered that my boyfriend was able to get time off of work for Pennsic, so I drove up to pick him up and drove back to bring him to Pennsic. Over those few days, I’m not sure if it was the driving or what, but I seriously hurt my back. It had reached levels of pain that I hadn’t experienced even before my back surgery. I hoped this would not continue or I would not be able to fight.

When we returned to Pennsic, we were visiting my gypsy friends at Casa Nuestra when I ran across an old friend. He had been out west getting training in massage therapy, acupuncture, and other related fields. As I had previously mentioned, my back was in a lot of pain. He offered to help fix it. I was willing to try anything. Chiropractors didn’t work. Clearly surgery hadn’t worked either. He poked at my knees and my ankles with his finger and waved a stick of mugwort in front of my knees and ankles. I have no idea what he did, but my back felt markedly better.


~ by Gunnvor on November 6, 2016.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: